Vintage 19th-century Photoalbum with fiftythree (53) Albumen Prints of tourist destinations visited in the year 1882 in Scotland and England. The Album shows with visits to Edinburgh, Loch Lomond and its “S.S.Rob Roy – Steamboat with Pier and Ben Venu, Loch Katrine, Callander Bridge and Ben Ledi, The Trossachs, then moves to Hastings and later to Cambridge. Fantastic Album which also shows one magnificent photograph of Stonehenge and one of “The Major Oak” in Sherwood Forest in the year 1885.
Scotland / England, 1882-1885. Quarto. 53 photographs on original boards. Original Hardcover. Very good condition with only minor signs of external wear. Some minor signs of foxing only.
Images include: Buxton – The Lovers Leap / Buxton Public Pavilion Gardens / Buxton Ashwood Dale / Hastings – Lovers Seat and Fairlight Glen in the year 1881 / The Dripping Well / Hollington Church / Ecclesbourne Glen / Filey Brig in 1881 / Scott’s Monument in Edinburgh in 1881 / Edinburgh Castle from the Esplanade / Holyrood / Ellens Isle in Loch Katrine / S.S.Rob Roy / Falls of Inversnaid from the Loch Lomond / Callander Bridge and Ben Ledi / Falls of Bracklinn / Loch Lomond / The Trossachs / Loch Achray and Ben Venue / Nelson’s Mount on Carlton Hill / Peterborough Cathedral in 1882 / Peterborough Cathedral Interior / Glossop Road in December 1882 (with snow) / The Priory Church – Bridlington 1883 / Battle Abbey in 1883 / Guest Chamber / Court Gate / Abbots Hall [at Battle Abbey] with Modern Library / Abbots Hall – The Cloisters / Battle Church / Old Hastings / Normanhurst / Cambridge in 1883: Kings College and Chapel / Kings Chapel – Interior / Cambridge – Caius College / Cambridge – New Courts / Trinity – Old Court / Clare College / Clare Bridge / Trinity Gate / John’s New Buildings / Bridge of Sighs – Cambridge / Trinity Hall Chapel / Stonehenge in 1884 / Christ Church Cathedral / in Oxford in 1884 / Magdalen College Chapel and Window / Magdalen Tower / Court at Magdalen College / The Broad Walk / All Saints Chapel / Window in the New College Chapel / The Major Oak at Sherwood Forest in 1885 //