Guide to Killarney and Glengariff. With a Map and Six Plates.
New Edition, revised and corrected. Dublin, William Curry, Jun. and Company, 1835. 11 cm x 17 cm. Frontispiece, , 130 pages. Hardcover / Original publisher’s cloth with spinelabel and label on frontcover. Some staining to the binding but otherwise firm and with the original endpapers intact. Interior in very good condition besides some pages and illustrations being a little dusty. Few illustrations with faded dampstain. Rare and early publication for the tourist in 19th century Ireland. With name of prewoner in ink on titlepage: “Robert Morrison, Shanakiel, Cork”.
Includes for example the following illustrations:
1. Frontispiece with a steelengraving of Glengariff
2. Map “The Lakes of Killarney″
3. Ross Castle
4. Turk Lake from the ascent to Mangerton
5. The Eagle’s Nest
6. Mac Gilla – Cuddy’s Reeks from Aghadoe
7. Interior of Muckross Abbey